Oh dear, slight delay

As some of you may know, a week ago Sunday I wrenched my knee while packing up my apartment.  ER and ortho clinic agree no bones are broken and no major ligament damage, so no surgery.  However, this has definitely slowed me down.  My knee is already much better, though not ready for camping yet.

Thanks to lots of help, especially Carol R., Pix, Marty, MaryJo, Ben and Nan, I did get out of my apartment on Wed night (10PM).  But everything I wanted on my travels was randomly thrown into my car.  So I've been taking a few days to rest, sort things out, see what fits in the camper and how to pack the car.  Took a few more things to storage today.  I'm sleeping in my camper and staying with Nan and Paul for kitchen, bathroom and wifi.  So good to have kind and generous friends, family and neighbors!!

Still have to sort out the technology to be able to do nurse visits for disability forms and letters remotely while I'm on my travels.  Made some good progress on that this week.  (Thanks, Val!!)

I'm very hopeful my knee will be well enough to move the camper to a good spot where it can stay for a couple weeks, and drive myself down to Queens to recuperate with my daughter and granddaughter in the next day or two.  We'll be coming back Sept. 1st for my granddaughter's move-in day for her second year at UMass.  Hoping to pick up the camper around then.

Ah well, I knew this was going to be a journey of going with the flow.  Right now I'm grateful for all the help and support you all are sending my way.  Will let you know when I actually drive off to places unknown.

The knee brace they gave me in the ER.  Only used it a few days.  
My camper is all packed, with the beautiful Mexican rug from my daughter and my new cozy bedspread.  


Comments

Popular Posts