Recuperating with my daughter in New York
Dear Friends,
Thanks to Rocky Hill for letting me park my little Casita back on Black Birch Trail, and for Jonathan and Janet for helping move all the camping stuff in my car into the trailer and all the stuff going to NY into my car!
Driving down was no problem -- it's my left knee that's recuperating. My daughter and granddaughter most graciously welcomed me and made space for me in their apartment. I recorded a short video of my daughter performing with the Hot Papas at Superfine, a great restaurant and bar in DUMBO on Thus night. For those of you (like me) who aren't from NYC, DUMBO stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge, which is a neighborhood in Brooklyn. When Superfine was originally opened a few decades ago, it was a rough waterfront neighborhood, with derelict buildings. Artists started making lofts and gallery spaces there, and now it has become gentrified like a lot of neighborhoods in greater NYC. Tried to attach the video here but the technology is beyond me. Sorry you won't get to see it!! You'll have to take my word for it, we had a fun night.
The last couple days I've been trying to rest my knee and avoid stairs and long standing or walking. I think that's what my knee needs, but it is quite challenging to be doing so little. However, having focused strictly on getting out of my apartment by 8/15, and then spending a few days sorting out what fits in the camper, in the car and what had to go to storage, I'm finally ready to address the other things I wanted to do before taking off on my travels. As Brian said last night, I'm walking into my travels, rather than flying. All in good time, all in God's time. I'm gonna need alot of prayers for patience, though. :)
Thanks to Rocky Hill for letting me park my little Casita back on Black Birch Trail, and for Jonathan and Janet for helping move all the camping stuff in my car into the trailer and all the stuff going to NY into my car!
Driving down was no problem -- it's my left knee that's recuperating. My daughter and granddaughter most graciously welcomed me and made space for me in their apartment. I recorded a short video of my daughter performing with the Hot Papas at Superfine, a great restaurant and bar in DUMBO on Thus night. For those of you (like me) who aren't from NYC, DUMBO stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge, which is a neighborhood in Brooklyn. When Superfine was originally opened a few decades ago, it was a rough waterfront neighborhood, with derelict buildings. Artists started making lofts and gallery spaces there, and now it has become gentrified like a lot of neighborhoods in greater NYC. Tried to attach the video here but the technology is beyond me. Sorry you won't get to see it!! You'll have to take my word for it, we had a fun night.
The last couple days I've been trying to rest my knee and avoid stairs and long standing or walking. I think that's what my knee needs, but it is quite challenging to be doing so little. However, having focused strictly on getting out of my apartment by 8/15, and then spending a few days sorting out what fits in the camper, in the car and what had to go to storage, I'm finally ready to address the other things I wanted to do before taking off on my travels. As Brian said last night, I'm walking into my travels, rather than flying. All in good time, all in God's time. I'm gonna need alot of prayers for patience, though. :)


Comments
Post a Comment