South Carolina and Georgia
| The beach was just over some low dunes from the campground. I could hear the surf from my camper. |
![]() |
| Someone created a shell and feather tree, which I was happy to add to. |
![]() |
| Beautiful to walk on the beach in the day . . . . |
![]() |
| . . . and night. |
From there, I drove to Beaufort SC, to see the Kazoobie Kazoo museum and factory!! Who knew, right? It isn't a big place, but I had a great time with my tour guide, Sarah. At the end of the tour, with my new custom kazoo in hand, we played "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" together, in harmony.
![]() |
| Early history of the kazoo. |
January 9 was a national day of protest to say No War with Iran, organized by Move.On and others. Searching for an event near me, there wasn't one. Interesting.
Listening on the radio to Congress's response to the White House briefing about why it was necessary to assassinate Genl. Soleimani, it was Republican Senator Tim Kaine from Virginia who has introduced a bill to guarantee that Congress is consulted before starting a war. Perhaps growing up knowing that battles have been fought in your own state (which I mentioned in my blog about Virginia) would make you more concerned about the US starting a war? He is pretty impassioned about the need for serious public debate before starting war.
And on to Georgia. I noticed some guys spreading red mulch around landscape plants and wondered what is was. Then I was behind this trailer and saw these bales of pine needles. I mentioned before that the loblolly pine has needles 6-9" long and the long-needle pine's needles can be up to 12" long. It makes for pretty mulch.
I'm kind of intent on getting to the border to help and so moved right through Georgia. And so to Alabama. I do love the names of places down here. Tallapoosa, Metumpka, Coosa. These are probably Native American names, and so, are fraught with sad history. Interesting nonetheless.







Comments
Post a Comment